Then there was bowling, if that’s what you call it. I think I am getting worse, I did have one respectable game, the other two were below average, although I guess not too badly. Matt did much better than I did.
Don’t forget, by the way, to put your clocks forward tonight. Its great if you are on nightshift, you get to go home an hour earlier. Of course you lose it again at the end of the summer.
Of course you are supposed to do it at 2 a.m. on Sunday but I can’t see anyone getting up specially.
I’m afraid I have damn all to write about today, so I won’t keep babbling. I need to do some work on my A to Z Challenge blogs this weekend too.
I never really thought about pesto being vegan or otherwise until I saw this recipe. I must admit I get a bit tired of parmesan anyway, so this might be a great alternative.
Vegan PestoBy The Gluten Free Goddess
WebMD Recipe from Foodily.com
- 2 cups washed, loosely packed stemmed fresh herbs- basil, cilantro, parsley, mint
- 1/2 cup shelled pecans or walnuts
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup good tasting extra virgin olive oil, as needed
- sea salt, to taste
- Combine the fresh herbs, nuts, and garlic in a food processor and process the mixture until it turns into a coarse meal. Slowly add extra virgin olive oil in a steady drizzle as you pulse the processor on and off. Process until it becomes a smooth, light paste. Add enough olive oil to keep it moist and spreadable. Season with sea salt, to taste.
- Cover and store chilled for at least an hour to saturate the flavours. I like to pour a thin layer of extra virgin olive oil over the top to help keep it bright green.