We now have a Canadian, Chris Hadfield, in command of the space station – he received congratulatory messages from the Queen and the Prime Minister. He is the first Canadian in charge of the ISS and that is a feather in our caps. He apparently plays guitar which should please one of my blogging friends. Unusual kind of guitar, you can see through it.
Here’s a good recipe, but be warned, single cream in the UK, where this recipe originated, is a lot thicker than here, I would use whipping cream.
Homemade Irish creamHomemade Irish cream is a real treat, served it chilled with plenty of ice or sneak a drop into your coffee.
- 250ml/9fl oz single cream
- 1x 397g/14oz tin condensed milk
- 350ml/12fl oz Irish whiskey
- 1 tsp coffee essence
- 3 tsp chocolate sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp almond essence
- Sterilise the bottles for the liqueur: wash in very hot water or on the hot cycle of a dishwasher. Preheat the oven to 160C/325F/Gas 3. Place the bottles on a baking tray and dry in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Pour all the ingredients into a blender and blend on high for 30 seconds. Add extra Camp or chocolate to taste.
- Pour into sterilised bottles and store in the fridge. (The liqueur will keep for up to two months.) Shake well before using.