Thursday, July 28, 2011

Chia Pets and Books.

chiaWell, how about that, it turns out that the seeds used on Chia pets are actually a very old seed and considered wonderful for Type II diabetes. Read about it here Chia Pet. That reminds me of an old station wagon we had in North Carolina which I think was held together by green mould and which was referred to as our Chia car by the mechanic we went to. The vehicle was green anyway, we just called it the Green Machine. However, getting back to the seeds, I wonder where one can obtain them, I will have to look out for some.

I spent a large amount of time over the last day or two trying to finish off the books I had been loaned so I could return them when our friends come to dinner tonight. I managed it and finished Kings of the North at lunchtime yesterday. As usual, I enjoyed it as I do with everything I have read by Elizabeth Moon. This book is another one written in Pak’s World which, if you have read any of them, you will be familiar with.  Later I started one of Mercedes Lackey’s books, Unnatural Issue, which is an Elemental Masters novel. I am enjoying it very much. Mercedes Lackey is one of my favourite authors. She is probably best known for her Valdemar stories.

So, we are busy cooking today for guests this evening, with the result that this, plus the recipe, is all my blog contains for today.

I don’t actually like milkshakes, but I guess I could force myself to try one of these.

 
Bailey's Milkshakes-For Big Kids

By Mommy Diva 


Ingredients:Bailey's Milkshake
Servings: 1
1 cup French vanilla ice cream
1/4 cup Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup
1/4 cup milk, or
1/4 cup eggnog (*can interchange with milk)
1 banana (*if you choose this option,I suggest the milk)
Baileys Irish Cream,  to taste I prefer the heavier hand for flavour
Directions
  1. Add in blender ice cream, chocolate syrup, Bailey's, and either the milk (with or without banana) or the egg nog.
  2. Blend lightly until just mixed to desired consistency.
  3. Pour or spoon into tall glasses and garnish with whipping cream, chocolate swirl, piroulines, or vanilla wafers and a mint sprig.
  4. Enjoy! :)
Have a great day
Jo_thumb[2]

No comments:

Post a Comment