Monday, April 11, 2011

Blogging, Dates, Cat Vs. Printer.

One of the blogs I read regularly mentioned that the author had recently celebrated her 4 year anniversary of blogging. I never remember such dates so I had to check it out and because I have been printing my blog books, I found I started blogging in October 2007. What really staggers me is just how much I have written and it is great that a number of you are still reading what I write. I thank you all for your support.

Talking of dates, a lot of people can remember the date when they first met or when other things happened in their lives. I can’t even remember the year I quit smoking although funnily enough I do remember the date as it was Bastille Day or July 14. I think it was about 16 years ago, but I really don’t know. I certainly don’t remember the date Matt Me Blondand I first met although I can remember the occasion - I had decided to take up scuba diving because I nearly drowned myself a couple of times and I was a bit scared to go swimming any more. I went to the pool where the local branch of The British Sub Aqua Club met on Mondays and Matt happened to be the diving officer there. The rest is history. Yes that’s me as I looked when we met.

This is the funniest thing I have seen in a long while. However, I would warn you there is some strong language. http://youtu.be/CSK1D3bZhRs I watched it at least twice and cracked up each time. I do hope you enjoy it too. Actually the cat in the video reminds me of the calico cat I owned many years ago. Her name was Fancy after a TV cop show which was on in the UK at the time.

Saturday night we decided to have a fillet steak and I looked up a sauce to go with it as I am bored with plain fillet. The one I found wasn’t bad although in the end I found it a tad sweet for me, maybe you will like it. Here it is. Its simple enough to make. We doubled up the amounts but actually had way too much so I think this amount would serve two quite adequately.

Balsamic Vinegar Sauce

80 ml balsamic vinegar di ModenaBalsamic Fillet 1 clove(s) garlic, minced 1 tsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed 1 Tbs cornstarch 60 ml beef stock 1 pinch(es) pepper

1. Mix together balsamic vinegar, pepper, lemon and garlic and pour into a small skillet. Bring to a boil, and let it reduce a bit.

2. Blend cornstarch with stock. Add cornstarch and whisk it in. Once the sauce thickens pour it over your choice of meat, i.e. fillet or steak.

Servings: 1

Source Author: alexia_cu

Author Notes A very yummy Italian sauce for all steak and fillet lovers

Have a great day

Jo

2 comments:

  1. Too funny. God knows I've felt like that on more than one occasion with electronics, lol!

    Jo, you were the gorgeous English rose when Matt met you. No wonder you knocked him off his feet. Of course, I'm pretty sure the bathing suit helped. *wink

    I tend to remember things like that too. The Date but not always the year, unless I really think about it.

    Have a good week sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sia, actually when he first spotted me I was wearing a black cloak. He was about to dive into the pool and always says it was like a Disney cartoon when he had to stop himself diving and windmill himself back again. LOL

    ReplyDelete