Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Reading, Modern US President, Germs.

I am a bit disappointed: this year I kept a list of all the books I read, it will total 135 by the end of the year. I thought I read a lot more books than that. There were a few repeats as I was waiting for other novels to arrive. It averages out at just under 2 1/2 books a week. I was going to publish the list, but it is rather long.

A friend sent this spoof on a Gilbert and Sullivan song which I thought was great. So I am sharing it with you.

A report on Good Morning America today about the germs on a cell phone, they are often dirtier than a toilet seat. Especially those of people who use them a lot and if you eat whilst using your phone you could be in serious trouble. The phones have been found to contain flu viruses, staph infections, and so on. They suggest you wipe them down with rubbing alcohol or rub you hands with sanitizer and then rub them over your phone.

We just asked some neighbours to join us for New Year’s Eve so now we are thinking about what to prepare as a snack – we have asked them for 9 p.m. and hopefully he will make it through 12 although I understand he usually goes to bed early. I came across this recipe yesterday, from Kraft Kitchens, and thought it might be a good one – if they like seafood, will have to check.

Baked Crab Rangoon

Kraft KitchensCrab Rangoon

12 servings

What You Need

1 can (6 oz.) white crabmeat, drained, flaked

4 oz.  (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese, softened

2 green onions, thinly sliced

1/4 cup  KRAFT Light Mayo Reduced Fat Mayonnaise

12 won ton wrappers

Make It

HEAT oven to 350°F.

MIX first 4 ingredients.

PLACE 1 won ton wrapper in each of 12 muffin cups sprayed with cooking spray, extending edges of wrappers over sides of cups. Fill with crab mixture.

BAKE 18 to 20 min. or until edges of cups are golden brown and filling is heated through.

Kraft Kitchens Tips

Makeover - How We Did It

We've taken a favorite appetizer and made it over by preparing it with PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese and KRAFT Light Mayo Reduced Fat Mayonnaise instead of regular cream cheese and mayonnaise. And since these tasty appetizers are baked, they require less hands-on time so you can spend more time with your guests. This baked version also saves 80 calories and 6 g of fat per serving compared to traditional fried Crab Rangoon.

Food Facts

Look for won ton wrappers in the refrigerated produce section of your grocery store.

For a Crispier Rangoon

Bake won ton wrappers in muffin cups at 350°F for 5 to 7 min. or until lightly browned. Fill with crabmeat mixture and bake 6 to 8 min. or until filling is heated through.

Have a great day

Jo

5 comments:

  1. Great post! The video is great and I'm hungry for crab rangoon! Regarding the Cell Phone germs, I started using Celluwipes, which are made for cleaning cell phones, and they work great and are in handy little packets. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They mentioned special wipes, but of course the other two methods are cheaper. Glad you enjoyed the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee, that bit about hygiene and mobiles made me think - and go running for the hand disinfectant!

    Love the G&S spoof. Pity the guy doesn't look a bit more like Obama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speaking of germs -- A few years back some health inspectors tested everything in a restaurant from the toilets to the kitchen and the dining areas. And guess what had the most germs? The free sweets one is offered on leaving. So believe me, Jo, I never ever accept a sweet.

    But what is the reason for the sweets being covered in germs? The diners did not wash their hands after they'd been to the toilet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never thought of that Marilyn, I don't eat them anyway, but now I am glad I don't.

    ReplyDelete