Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Bucket List, Email Privacy, Winter.

Not sure why, but this morning I woke up thinking about The Bucket List, I told you, a week or two back that we had watched the movie starring Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson. However, every time I go on Facebook I see an ad at the side which says something about a Bucket List to do in my home town. I had a look at it the other day and it was full of things like spas and restaurants etc. The only trouble with this is one has to have money to be able to do all the things they suggested, or even that I might think of for myself. Morgan Freeman was lucky because Jack Nicholson was rich; I’m not and yet there are many things I would loTaj Mahalve to do before I die. They went to the Taj Mahal and the Great Wall of China, I would love to do that, I wouldn’t mind seeing the Grand Canyon either (that is more witin the realms of possibility); I could list a stack of things which I couldn’t possibly afford to do. I’m not sure I would try sky diving – not fit enough apart from anything else. A young friend tried it in New Zealand and absolutely loved it. Here is a challenge, make up your own bucket list and add it to the comments section.

Here’s a new one, a husband thought his wife was cheating on him so he opened her email to check. I should mention that they said she kept her password in a book beside her computer – silly thing to do if you want privacy – he is now being prosecuted for hacking and could face up to 5 years in jail. So Gmailspouses beware. What about opening each others snail mail? We never hesitate to open mail whether its addressed to us or not, does that constitute a crime as well? By the way, she was cheating. Not that I am having an affair I hasten to say, but I am quite safe, even though my email is not password protected, Matt wouldn’t have a clue how to get into it. I guess he could call in a friend when I wasn’t around or something. I wonder when it becomes hacking, if you just read someone’s email or if you have to use a password to do so.

This winter, so far, has been quite incredible, we have had major winter storms swirling all round us but we have basically escaped all of it so far. We have snow on the ground, but that was from several weeks ago, nothing new for a while and it needs enough snow to refresh it at least. New York airport was hit badly yesterday as well as Buffalo and then Eastern Canada got pasted. London, just south of us, was deluged with snow, and we just sit here. Maybe nature is saving it all up for January.

I don’t know about you, but I certainly over indulged over Christmas, I am still picking at cookies and so on which is not doing me any good. I haven’t the willpower of a limp lettuce leaf at the moment. However, Eating Well are already publishing healthy recipes to assist in losing weight, here is one which appealed to me.

Green Pizza

From EatingWell: September/October 2009

Why not use cooler-weather vegetables like broccoli and arugula as an unconventional pizza topping? The arugula adds a slightly bitter, peppery taste—for a milder flavor, use spinach instead. Serve with wedges of fresh tomato tossed with vinegar, olive oil, basil and freshly ground pepper.

6 servings

Green PizzaIngredients

1 pound prepared pizza dough, preferably whole-wheat

2 cups chopped broccoli florets

1/4 cup water

5 ounces arugula ,any tough stems removed, chopped (about 6 cups)

Pinch of salt

Freshly ground pepper to taste

1/2 cup prepared pesto

1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

Preparation
  1. Position oven rack in the lowest position; preheat to 450°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
  2. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to about the size of the baking sheet. Transfer to the baking sheet. Bake until puffed and lightly crisped on the bottom, 8 to 10 minutes.
  3. Meanwhile, cook broccoli and water in a large skillet over medium heat, covered, until the broccoli is crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in arugula and cook, stirring, until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.
  4. Spread pesto evenly over the crust, top with the broccoli mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Bake until crispy and golden and the cheese is melted, 8 to 10 minutes.
Nutrition

Per serving : 323 Calories; 13 g Fat; 4 g Sat; 7 g Mono; 19 mg Cholesterol; 33 g Carbohydrates; 15 g Protein; 3 g Fiber; 511 mg Sodium; 241 mg Potassium

2 Carbohydrate Serving

Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 medium fat meat, 1 1/2 fat

Have a great day

Jo

2 comments:

  1. Al my UK and US friends are complaining about the awful winter. It sounds as if Canada is just a bad. Here we have floods on one side of the country and drought with heatwave on the other. Can't win.

    Bucket list? See the trilogy in print. Live long enough and in good enough metal health (my family is dementia-prone) to see some great grandchildren! I'd like to travel some more but I've done enough of it not to be too fussed about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course Canada as a whole has some bad weather, but not round here, we have had hardly anything so far this winter.

    Like your buckets!!

    ReplyDelete