Friday, September 10, 2010

Qur’an, Vitamin C, Big Fires, Vacation.

Phew, the pastor has finally agreed not to burn the Qur’an on Saturday after all. Thank goodness, I personally was pretty worried about that. Maybe it was the death threats, or maybe it was the fuss which had been stirred up worldwide. I have now heard another report that he is rethinking!!! Let’s all keep our fingers crossed otherwise 9/11 will spark a conflagration around the Muslim world. This morning he appeared on Good Morning America and stated he would definitely not burn the Qur’an and was therefore heard by thousands.

Big gas explosion near San Francisco has caused a huge fire. At least one person already killed and destroyed more than 50 homes. In Colorado they have a huge forest fire which has destroyed lots of homes too and is approaching the city.

Yesterday morning we went to the bank and got some US cash. The rate of exchange wasn’t bad, better than when we lived there when we were paying a small fortune for our Canadian dollars.

On the late news last night I caught a report about mega doses of Vitamin C being good for halting the progress of brain degeneration and Alzheimer’s. Because relatives in my family tree had senile dementia at least, this is always something I have been worried about, but apparently the dosage is so high they are worried about possible side effects.

One Day More, that was the title of a song in Les Misérables, one day more and we are off on vacation, whooppee. I will certainly be glad to get out of this joint, haven’t been anywhere at all lately. I will try and write a blog before I go, if not, I am not sure when I will blog in the next two weeks. Matt doesn’t really like me to spend lots of time on the computer when we go away, so we shall see, if not, see ya when I return.

We eat quite a few pork chops and I received an email with a whole bunch of recipes for them, this is one I liked the sound of.

Ginger Pork Chops

Source: Healthy Cooking Magazine

RECIPE INGREDIENTS

2 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)

Ginger Pork Chops Recipe at Cooking.com

1 teaspoon cornstarch

2 tablespoons soy sauce

1/4 cup honey

1 garlic clove, minced

Dash ground ginger or 3/4 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot

1 tablespoon sliced green onion

DIRECTIONS

Broil pork chops 3-4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.

Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and soy sauce until smooth. Stir in the honey, garlic and ginger. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Drizzle over the pork chops. Sprinkle with green onion.

Have a great day

Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment