Saturday, July 24, 2010

Dinner Party, Thunderstorm, Technology.

Veg Stuffed Mushrooms We have friends coming for dinner this evening so we will be cooking most of the day I guess. We are doing the chicken dish we cooked the other day with a tarragon sauce. Matt had actually chosen another chicken dish, but we decided it was unsuitable. Then with it we are serving two new dishes, one is a rice dish and the other a zucchini dish. If they turn out to be successful I will post them later in the week. As a starter we are doing Vegetable Stuffed Mushrooms which I did post quite some time ago and for dessert we will be doing my new Tipsy Oranges.

I mentioned the Right Whale jumping on the boat off Cape Town. Now some video has surfaced showing the whale actually hitting the boat. http://tinyurl.com/3xv8bo5 I thought you might like to see it.

I had fun yesterday!!! I have mentioned before, Matt is, I'm sorry to say, a technological idiot. So with our nice new cell phone, I couldn't put a lock on it because he couldn't unlock it. Every time we put it in its carrying case or when he tried to attach it to his belt, the camera button got pressed and we ended up with lots of pictures of the inside of the pouch, etc. plus of course, it wasn't in the normal working mode. After what seemed like dozens of phone calls to our provider, Rogers, I finally discovered that you could actually put a lock on the camera (that includes video and music too) so our problem was finally solved. I had one of those days which seemed like I was forever on the phone either about this, or half a dozen other things.

I didn’t mention that Thursday night we had one heck of a thunderstorm with masses of rain, it was still raining when we got up the following morning. Matt went down to the pharmacy later and couldn’t enter because they were flooded. Incredible. Not being there I am not sure how they would have got flooded when nowhere else in the mall seemed to. Later in the day it then turned very hot and sticky.

With all this hot weather floating around us at the moment, I thought this Ice Cream cake from Smuckers looked just the thing for a warm evening. My only change would be not to use salted peanuts, for preference.

Ice Cream Sandwich Cake

Smuckers

Ingredients:Ice Cream Sandwich Cake

24 prepared ice cream sandwiches 2 cups (500mL) whipped cream, unsweetened 1 jar (250mL) Smucker’s® Chocolate Flavoured Topping 1 cup (250mL) salted peanuts, chopped ½ cup (125mL) Smucker's® Sundae Syrup™ Caramel Flavoured Syrup

Directions:

1. Place 12 ice cream sandwiches in bottom of freezer proof 9” x 13” (23cm x 33cm) pan. Top with ½ of whipped cream, all of Smucker’s® Chocolate Flavoured Topping and ½ of peanuts. Repeat with remaining ice cream sandwiches, cream and peanuts. Garnish with Smucker’s® Sundae Syrup™ Caramel Flavoured Syrup. Freeze until solid, about 2 hours. Let stand about 5 minutes, then cut into squares.

Have a great weekend

Jo

2 comments:

  1. Am I invited for dinner too? That ice cream sandwich cake looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete