Sadly I didn’t get to see much of the Snowbirds as they were mostly on the other side of our building. Saw them whiz by a a couple of times.
As of the time of writing, they found the truck stolen the other day but not the trailer containing the missing animals. There is a little bit about it here http://tinyurl.com/2bbkage together with a funny picture which I am guessing is a Lolcats pic. I wonder if the thieves would dare give Jonas a tummy rub. It is just to be hoped that they at least have given the animals air and water although they must be pretty hungry by now. Its been pretty warm here and I gather it has been even warmer in Québec. Its funny they abandoned the truck, makes me wonder if they were not car thieves after all. Unfortunately, tigers in particular, are worth one hell of a lot of money, dead or alive, probably more dead.
We both have to leave early this morning to go see the physio therapist for Matt and the doc for me. I am not going to wait for Matt in the therapist’s waiting room though, this time I will stay in the car. I wrote about their chairs the other day. I also wrote about London Broil on Saturday which we had for supper that night and thoroughly enjoyed. Followed by strawberries and double Devon Cream. Last night we had the London Broil cold with the Potato Salad I posted a couple of weeks ago, I really enjoy that. First time I have enjoyed potato salad in a long time.
The following recipe was intended as a Father’s Day recipe, sorry, I am passing it on too late for that occasion, but being chocolate, I thought it sounded just my cuppa tea.
HERSHEY'S HUGS and KISSES Candies Chocolate Cake
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa or HERSHEY'S Dutch Processed Cocoa
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/3 cups water
- COCOA FUDGE FROSTING(recipe follows)
- HERSHEY'S HUGS Brand Candies and HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
2. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat 1 minute on medium speed of mixer. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add alternately with water to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
3. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely. Frost with COCOA FUDGE FROSTING. Remove wrappers from candies; garnish cake as desired with candies. 12 to 15 servings.
COCOA FUDGE FROSTING
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa or HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
3-2/3 cups (1 lb.) powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk, heated
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Melt butter in small saucepan over low heat; stir in cocoa. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat; pour into small mixer bowl. Add powdered sugar alternately with warm milk, beating to spreading consistency. Stir in vanilla. Spread frosting while warm. About 2-1/2 cups frosting.
Have a great day